SAMOA AIRWAYS is committed to providing the best possible service to their customers and protecting the privacy of data and information provided by customers through the use of this website. SAMOA AIRWAYS guarantees to take all necessary measures to ensure that such information will be used only for the purpose of providing superior service to its customers through a better understanding of the interests and needs of customers.
SAMOA AIRWAYS will not sell or share any part of the information mentioned above, unless a competent authority requires it. However, SAMOA AIRWAYS and its affiliates will use this information in order to communicate with customers.
It is important to note that all the information related to credit card purchases with SAMOA AIRWAYS through the use of this website will be used to complete the purchase for which the information was provided.
Information we collect
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect directly from you, as well as the information we collect when you visit our site, use our services or contacts with us. We collect information directly from you in the following situations :
• When you make a flight reservation, we ask for your name, contact details such as phone number and e-mail, loyalty program details (if applicable), credit card details and your food preferences.
• When you manage your reservations, we provide the ability to review and make adjustments to your reservations online. For those services, we ask you to provide additional information.
• When you check-in online, we ask for your name, date of birth, gender, contact details such as phone number and email address, passport number, the country that issued your passport and expiration date, and frequent flyer details (if applicable).
• If you fly on a route that requires a form of advance passenger information, we also collect your passport number, the country that issued the passport and expiration date.
• When using samoaairways.com, our web servers may collect some of this information automatically when you browse our site. For example, our web server automatically collects informatoin known as "clickstream", such as the domain name of the site that provides access to the Internet, the address Internet Protocol (IP) information used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, platform and operating system, the average time spent on our site, pages viewed, information searched for, access times and other important statistics.
• All telephone calls to our customer care centers are recorded and monitored for quality assurance purposes, training, security and for commercial purposes.
The owner of the data expressly authorises SAMOA AIRWAYS to collect data as well as to consult, supply and update such personal data at any time, with other databases managed by an operator of information, in order to maintain updated the customer information.
How do we use this information
We may use the information we collect about you to provide the services you request and to manage our site and records, as well as to help improve these services.
Therefore, we can keep you informed with important services or administrative messages, we may have to use the information you provided us to contact you even if you have told us you don’t want to receive direct marketing. We ask that you keep your information as current as possible so you can receive the maximum benefits of samoaairways.com.
The following are examples of how we might use your information:
• Identify our customers in implementing the contract of carriage
• When processing an air ticket for you .
• Therefore , we may contact you if we need more information or if there are changes on our flights.
• In order to update and / or correct your flight as requested and to contact you if we need more information.
• To retrieve your reservation and check- in online.
• To better manage your travel experience.
• To help us answer any post-flight consultation.
• To provide better service for our customers to make use of property acquired through SAMOA AIRWAYS.
• To help develop technologies to provide services in a better way in the future.
Also, if you provide us with personal and confidential information, you give your explicit consent to SAMOA AIRWAYS to collect, process, disclose or transfer such confidential personal information and store it so that we can meet your requirements or for safety reasons.
Your confidential personal information will not be sold or disclosed to any third party except in the event that SAMOA AIRWAYS be required to do so under any law, regulation , ordinance , security reasons or in order to fulfill the obligations of this mutual agreement contract.
E-mail is used to provide important information to our customers. We send reservation confirmations, account information and notifications via email. Customers always have the power to decide whether to receive promotional information or not and can opt out.
We would like to share information with you about other products and services, special offers, exclusive fares and other news so you can take advantage of the best we can offer. Of course, we’d only use your information with this method once you give us permission to do so.
• If you have given us your consent, SAMOA AIRWAYS would like to keep in touch with you via mail, phone and email account updates, news, special offers and promotions.
• If you have given your consent to other companies like SAMOA AIRWAYS and our partners, we would also like to keep in touch via mail, phone and e-mail regarding products and services that we believe may be of your interest.
• We may disclose your information to third parties such as data processing companies, which can provide marketing services on our behalf. You will not be contacted directly by third parties as a result of the delivery of its details.
• We will use the latest consent you have given us subject to the time it takes us to reflect these changes in our systems and / or processes.
• We will try to ensure that customers do not receive duplicate communications even if you have consented to marketing with more than one SAMOA AIRWAYS company.
• You can choose not to participate in the direct marketing at any time, you just have to contact us. You can also choose not to participate in any other direct marketing company besides SAMOA AIRWAYS by getting in touch with them directly.
Distribution of the information
Information about you that we possess will not be released to any third party except if required to do so under law or in order to fulfill this contract between us, or in the event that our business is sold.
We reveal information to
Thhird Party / Service Providers
Occasionally, we may use third party companies to manage the collection, processing and storage of your personal information and confidential personal information on our behalf. These companies are selected and filtered carefully to ensure maximum safety and protection of privacy and are authorized to use the information only in accordance with our instructions.
Transferring information to customs control agencies
Note that there might be laws requiring SAMOA AIRWAYS and other airlines that grant access to customs control agencies to certain information of passengers. Consequently, any advance passenger information, including confidential personal information, which SAMOA AIRWAYS holds about you and your travel arrangements may be disclosed to those agencies in the countries you are traveling.
Your security information
SAMOA AIRWAYS is committed to protecting your personal information. We have implemented physical, administrative and technical procedures appropriate to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration and ensure that only those who have a business need can access it.
We have taken all the measures, best practices and technical measures to safeguard your personal information and prevent the same from being subject to alteration and misuse, such information is kept strictly confidential and is not shared with third parties other than those indicated in this Policy Privacy .
Although SAMOA AIRWAYS tries to reasonably safeguard your personal information and prevent any unauthorized access, we are not responsible for the acts of individuals obtaining unauthorized access and we do not establish warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we can prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL SAMOA AIRWAYS OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (IF CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OF THIRD PARTIES TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS IF YOU GAVE WIINGO NOTICE OR IMPLIED THAT SUCH DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE .
Online payment : are you sure your credit card number online?
We use the latest SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), which ensures that all communications between your computer and us is unreadable by anyone else. Your details are communicated in a secure encrypted format and we can verify that the information has not been manipulated in any way.
Most browsers have some kind of indicator that lets you know if you have established a secure connection. If you are not sure, check the help section of your browser. If your browser does not support SSL, we recommend that you upgrade to the latest version.
When making payment transactions carried out abroad or outside of the country where you have recorded data on your credit cards, it is possible that the bank may block or suspend your credit card until you contact them to confirm the data. Therefore, to avoid any discomfort during your purchase on our website Samoairways.com, we offer the following recommendations:
1. Verify all data on the credit card which will make your purchase.
2. Contact your bank before making an online purchase, to be aware of all the conditions of purchase outside the country of residence, overseas purchases and online shopping.
SAMOA AIRWAYS is not responsible if your bank does not authorise payment for your reservation.
For more information, visit our secure purchases links to other websites and their privacy and security policies.
On our website we also provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. You should be aware that these sites may have different security and privacy policies and we have no control over it or have responsibility for any information submitted to these sites.
How we use the cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that has a certain amount of data that our web site can send to your browser. It can be stored on the hard drive of your computer and our web server can access it. These cookie data can be recovered and therefore allow us to customize our web pages and services. It is important to note that cookies do not collect personal data that is stored on your hard drive or computer.
How does Samoa Airways get the cookies?
Our website uses persistent cookies and session:
Persistent cookies are used to allow the website to recognize users when they return to the site and remember certain information about your preferences. Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on your computer permanently or until you delete them manually.
Session cookies are used to allow customers to transmit information between different pages of the website, without having to re-enter the information. These cookies are automatically deleted themselves when you leave a website and go to another, or when you close your browser.
We have also developed relationships with carefully selected and monitored partners who help in delivering a high quality website . Some of these partners may also set cookies during visits to support customization of messages that you can see elsewhere Internet and / or in order to meet contractual obligations to us .
Because these cookies do not store any personal details related to you or your credit card , please note that we have no access or control over cookies and similar technologies that our partners can use.
Third party cookies from social media
To enrich our website content , sometimes we can embed video content from other social media websites like YouTube or Facebook. As a result , when you visit a page with embedded content, you can submit cookies from these websites. SAMOA AIRWAYS has no control or responsibility over these cookies and therefore, you should check relevant third party cookies policy for more information.
In addition, we offer a "share page" widget in some of our web pages, where content can be easily shared on the following sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube. These sites may set a cookie when you log into your service. SAMOA AIRWAYS has no control or responsibility over these cookies and therefore, you should check relevant third party cookies policy for more information.
How to control and eliminate cookies
During the flight
If a medical emergency were to occur while onboard, boarding or disembarking a SAMOA AIRWAYS aircraft, the company could share customer information with third-party medical or other security personnel deemed reasonably necessary.
Flight satus alerts / Wireless Services
Our customers can register for Flight status alerts and other wireless services by providing basic flight information and other relevant information. Where possible , information already provided will be used for delivery of these services. Participation in Flight status alerts and other wireless services is optional.
Samoa Airways complies with the Law on Protection of the Children’s Privacy Online (COPPA)
SAMOA AIRWAYS does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a child under 13 years old has given us personal information without consent of their parents or guardian, the parent or guardian can contact us and we will delete such information, in addition to unsubscribing the child from any opportunity to contact promotions and offers.